Wednesday 16 February 2011

Online Shopping is Dead Easy

The best thing about online shopping is that it’s so simple, and I can do it wherever the hell I want. I can shop online at half past four in the afternoon, fresh out of the shower, muscles aching from an overzealous gym workout, sitting on my bed in front of the fan with a cup of tea. (I know it sound counter-productive to be sitting in front of the fan with a hot cup of tea in late summer, but what can I say, the heart wants what it wants.)

Deciding that I’m over everything in my wardrobe and that I simply haven’t a thing to wear right now, I’ve just spent the last ten minutes figuring out sizing of online stores – is American sizing drastically different from English and Australian? Why do they use inches instead of centimetres? Why can’t there be like a universal clothing and shoe sizing system to remove these life-altering predicaments? – trying to find a fabric measuring tape in my mum’s sewing kit, then my grandma’s, who’s staying with us right now (Why do you not have one Nan? Are you not from the post-war generation that were taught to be prepared at all times? How could you let me down like this, your own flesh and blood?), then, in its absence, attempting to wrap a piece of string around my torso and then measure it with a carpenter’s measuring tape, three time because I forgot which end I started at and wanted to be EXTRA sure if I was paying for shipping from America that the sizes were right.

And now Hollister wants to offer me the choice of about fifty-three different styles of tee. Just what an indecisive individual like me needs! I feel more exhausted than if I’d simply walked into Just Jeans, grabbed a 32, whipped them on and off in the fitting room, paid for them and escaped.

Maybe online shopping is not as simple as I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment