Thursday 17 March 2011

Thursday Traffic

Boy, was the traffic horrendous this morning. I fully intended to leave a bit earlier this morning, but somehow managed to press the “Off” button on my alarm instead of “Snooze”, resulting in me tumbling out of bed at 6.18 rather than 5.50. I had my peanut butter toast and coffee at super-speed and managed to not leave too late … but then I had to get petrol and by that time the cars were bumper-to-bumper. I managed to pass the time by singing Taylor Swift loudly to myself and daydreaming.

(Which are both things I should probably not admit to doing while driving. But for most of the time I wasn’t actually moving, so I have a clear conscience.)

Has anyone else noticed that Thursday is the worst day for traffic? Why is that? Maybe people are over the working week and everyone leaves slightly later in the morning in a stupor of exhaustion and mood of denial. And Friday's traffic is less congested due to everyone being bright-eyed and excited about the impending weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment